¦ Minute List ¦
¦ January 2016 ¦  February 2016 ¦  March 2016 ¦  April 2016 ¦  May 2016 ¦  June 2016 ¦  July 2016 ¦  September 2016 ¦
 October 2016 ¦  November 2016 ¦  December 2016 ¦


December 2016

Minutes of Monthly Meeting of Llangunnor Community Council held in 'Yr Aelwyd', Tregynnwr at 6.30pm on Thursday 8th December 2016.

PRESENT: Councillor David Watson (Chair), Geraint Bevan, Robin Griffiths, Paul Totterdale, Alun West, Elwyn Williams, Sandra Thomas, Glenda Lloyd, Adrienne Mackintosh, Lee Whatley and Dafydd Williams

APOLOGIES: Councillor Alexandra Trowbridge-Mathews and Margaret Wilkins

In Attendance: 22 members of the public, 2 members of the press, Adam Price AM, Huwel Manley (Operations Manager West Natural Resources Wales), Richard Elms (Emergency Planning) and Alun Rees (Environmental Health Department) both of Carmarthenshire County Council - present for item 2

1. Declaration of Interest

None

2. Nantycaws Oil Spill

Huwel Manley from Natural Resources Wales gave an outline of 'where we are at' at the current time and went through issues that had been dealt with by NRW. Alun Rees gave an update from the Environmental Health side and informed the meeting that everybody who had made a complaint had been visited by him or a member of his team, and although residents were very concerned about the pollution issues he stated that no readings had been taken which caused any direct health issues - air / ground water / water /private water supplies had all been tested.

Members from the Nantycaws community expressed many concerns in regard of Valero and by the bodies represented at the meeting these included:
a) following flooding on the 21st November no earth samples had been taken, if there is further flooding can NRW react quicker and be proactive rather than reactive with the testing of both the flood water and the land following any flooding,
b) trees / hedgerows and vegetation had been removed before any information had been given, these were now being replaced apparently without NRW's knowledge, residents wanted assurances that all trees would be replaced 'like for like' particularly in height as this was a major issue to the residents who backed onto the A48
c) residents requested to see copies of all test results that had been taken by NRW / Carmarthenshire County Council, HM informed the meeting that much of this was not currently available for public viewing as they were investigating whether any prosecutions would be brought,
d) concern was expressed about the use of the land by farmers for livestock, Huwel Manley informed the meeting that this was an issue for the Food Standard Agency and he was pushing them for a response, he would follow this up immediately,
e) concern was expressed about the longer term effect, NRW would continue to monitor,
f) Valero were being particularly unhelpful including not replying to emails.

The Community Council would chase up these issues with the appropriate agencies / Valero, it would also place any updates it received on its webpage, and if any resident wished any questions answered or had any queries then they should contact the Clerk (details on website)

3. Chair's Announcements

• Attended School Concert which was a performance of the Wizard of Oz, all who had attended highlighted its excellence
• He had been unable to attend Carmarthenshire County Council Forum and the 'turning on of the lights' with the Town Council due to illness

4. Minutes

It was moved by Cllr Whatley and seconded by Cllr Griffiths (minute 1216-4) and RESOLVED following amending 2 minor spelling mistakes to approve as a correct record the minutes of the monthly Council meeting and Planning Sub-Committee held on 17th November 2016.

5. Matters Arising

Matters raised / resolved outside meetings

i) Paths in Penymorfa - Work on-going
ii) Daffodils - Daffodils have been planted
iii) Sticle Path - Clerk to chase up Carmarthenshire County Council
iv) Condition of road surface outside Carmarthen Railway Station - Met network rail, they will pass on to their maintenance section
v) Trees in Pibwrlwyd - Have been replaced
vi) Yellow Lines in Haulfryn - Had received a couple of queries regarding extent of lines, had contacted John McAvoy with plan that had been agreed with Council, John McAvoy response - The proposed extension to these lines (Haulfryn, Llangunnor) will be published in early January 2017 along with various other new traffic orders in the Carmarthen town area
vii) Llangunnor Road - Layby where we planted the tree has been damaged by a lorry going over kerb / grass, Carmarthenshire County Council will get a couple of men to call and carry out any repair work
viii) Xmas lights in Pensarn - To be placed on agenda of February meeting
ix) Bollards Outside Howards - Clerk to chase up

6. The Park / Environment Sub-Committee

Clerk informed meeting that he had circulated the text that was to go on the interpretation boards, he stated that a meeting of the sub-committee would take place to discuss the item, any member who had any comments to get them to the Clerk before the 15th

7. Web Sub-Committee

Meeting to be arranged for January - Clerk to circulate date and agenda

8. Finance Sub-Committee

Meeting to be arranged for 9th January at 6.00pm

9. Footpath in Login

Cllr Griffiths informed the meeting that there was an issue with the pavement in Login Road, it was unanimously agree that a site meeting be arranged with Carmarthenshire County Council to discuss the matter (Cllrs Watson / Griffiths / Elwyn Williams / Clerk)

10. Annual Dinner

It was unanimously agreed (minute 1216-10) that the annual dinner be held on Friday 20th January 2017 (7.00pm for 7.30pm) at the Ivy Bush. The Clerk circulated a sample menu and asked that all members inform him by early in the New Year if they were attending or not attending. It was further agreed to send invitations to Rev & Mrs Shepherd, Mr & Mrs Aled Davies (headmaster) and Miss Coralie Steel

11. Consider Requests for Financial Support

Organisation Supported (£) Amount
Urdd Gobaith Cymru - Rhanbarth Myrddin Yes 50.00
Carmarthenshire Young Farmers / C.Ff.I. Yes 50.00
Carmarthen & District Youth Opera Yes 50.00
Macmillan Cancer Support Yes 50.00
St John Cymru / Wales Yes 50.00
Welsh Hearts / Calonnau Cymru Yes 50.00
Age Cymru SirGar Yes 50.00
Llanelli Centre for the Deaf Yes 50.00
Cancer Information and Support Services Yes 50.00

Capel Dewi Association was awarded £50 from the Chair's fund

12. Reports from Members Representing Council on other Bodies.

Riverside Association - None

One Voice Wales - None

School Governors - Cllr Griffiths informed the meeting that the school governors had met, current Chair had been re-elected to oversee the Estyn inspection both he and Cllr Lloyd were on the Maintenance Committee and Cllr Lloyd was on the Child Protection Committee

Training - None

13. Approve the Schedule of Accounts

It was Resolved (minute 1216-13) proposed Cllr Totterdale and seconded Cllr Dafydd Williams (unanimous) that the accounts submitted be approved.

A) Council is requested to consider and approve the following items of expenditure:

Payee Info (£) Amount
E Williams Playing Field (30/11/16) 75.00
Xmas Tree & Assoc. Work 95.00
CJ Thomas Salary - Dec 2016 552.12
Office Allowance - Dec 2016 100.00
IT Allowance - Dec 2016 40.00
Bowen & Weaving Headed paper / Compliment slips 104.38
Llangunnor Church Payment from Chair's fund 200.00
Babell Chapel Payment from Chair's fund 100.00
Capel Philadelphia Payment from Chair's fund 100.00
Ysgol Llangynnwr Payment from Chair's fund 100.00
Royal British Legion Payment from Chair's fund 50.00
Cllr Watson Refreshments for Babell (light turn-on evening) - Reimbursement Payment from Chair's fund 57.65
Kingsbury Lighting Have given credit note for lights cheque returned

B) Council to note receipt of income: None

14. Correspondence

It was RESOLVED (Minute 1016-14) that the following correspondence be noted/action taken.

No Nature of Correspondence Agreed Action
1 Quarterly report to Councillors - CAB Circulated
2 Advising the Council on its budget Circulated
3 Responses from NRW and Valero to oil spill Circulated - It was unanimously agreed that any decision on the donation from Valero be deferred to the February meeting
4 Police Precept Consultation Circulated
5 Outpatients - Listening to you Circulated
6 National Development Framework for Wales Circulated

15. Any Other Business.

• Clerk to inform Carmarthenshire County Council of parking on yellow lines in and around Currys/PC World

16. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be held on Thursday 19th January 2016 at 6.30pm.


¦ Minute List ¦
¦ January 2016 ¦  February 2016 ¦  March 2016 ¦  April 2016 ¦  May 2016 ¦  June 2016 ¦  July 2016 ¦  September 2016 ¦
 October 2016 ¦  November 2016 ¦  December 2016 ¦



Every effort has been made to check the above for accuracy however if you find a mistake please contact us.




Copyright Llangunnor Network 2010-2021. (Privacy | Disclaimer)